Archive for the ‘Health Etiquette Discussion’ Category

Why You Should Go To The Doctor(Even When You’re Healthy)

When you were little, your parents probably made sure you had an annual checkup with your doctor.  But as you’ve grown older, you may have gotten out of this habit. Health Professionals stress that these regular exams are important to help identify  risk factors and problems before they become serious.  If diseases are caught early, […]

Why Spending More Time Outside Is Beneficial

Research shows that the average American spends 87 percent of their time in enclosed buildings and 6 percent of their time in enclosed vehicles.1 That’s a total of 93 percent of your life spent inside. There are a number of reasons why this is unhealthy — for body, mind, and spirit. For starters, levels of many pollutants concentrate indoors, […]

Research Showing Fasting Benefits

Fasting has been a key form of veneration in Jainism and many other religions and philosophies of the world. As Jains world over observe Paryushan this week, they will practice fasting in different forms (Atthai, Upvaas, Ekasna etc.). Now scientific studies are starting to discover the health benefits of fasting, such as improving immune system, […]

Health Etiquette Question # 1

We’ve noticed that there isn’t much discussion on “Health Etiquette” regarding food that’s provided to us in social situations and in the workplace. Before we address this, we would also like to point out that when it comes to restaurants and food provided in airplanes, we don’t hesitate to ask, is this vegetarian? Is this […]